We have been retained to lead the search for an Account Director opportunity, with a growing PR/Communications Agency, located in Portland, Maine.
We are seeking a self-motivated professional with 5+ years of experience in successfully managing teams and leading accounts to serve as Account Director, to launch a new office for the firm. The candidate should be a versatile, nimble problem-solver who cultivates team member relationships with the same careful attention as relationships with media and industry influencers. He or she should possess expertise in media relations, account management and client servicing, development of strategy and team execution, and be knowledgeable about the firm’s practice areas and industries.
The Account Director serves as a liaison and primary point of contact between the client and the account teams. He or she is responsible for driving campaigns from inception to execution of overall strategy and ensuring the client voice and message is carried across all platforms. The Account Director leverages his or her industry/category knowledge and best practices to foster team performance, deliver results, and foresees potential issues and solutions. A balance of drive and a meticulous eye for detail makes him or her a valued member of the team.
Account Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Public Relations/Marketing
· Oversee and participate in the development of PR strategies, pitches, and client creative material.
· Adept at creating and tailoring PR plans and pitches.
· Build partnerships and relationships with top-tier media contacts, influencers, and industry leaders on a local, regional, and national level.
· Guide account team to deliver integrated solutions from strategy to execution.
· Build, nurture, and maintain relationships with key media contacts and influencers on local, regional, and national levels.
· Cultivate new business opportunities and prospective new clients.
· Anticipate potential issues or challenges and exercise strong judgment in critical client situations.
· Evaluate and analyze situations for the clients; present thoughtful and innovative solutions. Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· In-depth understanding of all aspects of PR, from strategy and development to execution.
· Collaborate with Digital Media Director and other account teams to develop and deliver social media and marketing client success.
· Social media savvy with an understanding of emerging platforms and technology.
· Oversee and assist with the creation and execution of client social media campaigns and strategies.
· Ensure overall quality of work by managing client deliverables, expectations, goals, and timelines.
· Passionate about mentoring, as well as fostering, learning, and sharing among team members.
· Experienced at driving goals and holding team members accountable.
· Extensive knowledge of current trends and industries (food, travel, hospitality, lifestyle, etc.), as well as digital and new media.
· Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to changing situations.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying. We look forward to hearing from you.