DIRECTOR OF CRM
Due to rapid growth and expansion, our client is seeking a Director of CRM to join their team. The Director of CRM is responsible for the development, implementation and growth of the customer database and the deployment of customer-centric marketing automation campaigns across all stages of the customer journey. The Director will take emerging technologies and best practices to democratize this role from a sole focus on email and deliver a comprehensive lifecycle approach that embodies their customer voice in text, email, and social messaging apps across sales, customer care and marketing. The Director will own the analytics and reporting surrounding key KPI’s of database growth, sales, cross-selling, retention and annuity business as well as maintain the reputation of their communication platforms with partner vendors and ISP’s.
The Director of CRM is expected to:
- Lead the development and drive execution of CRM campaigns to lift acquisition, engagement and retention metrics.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively offer ideas and insights to improve any issues or challenges the customer may face.
- Partner closely with sales to establish and achieve lead generation and retention goals and align sales and marketing efforts
- Continually evaluate, A/B test and optimize brand communications to soften peaks and valleys of customer journey.
- Develop and manage loyalty, referral and winback programs
- Design and execute strategy to keep the marketing database accurate and complete, employing technology where appropriate.
- Ensure SOP’s, department bibles and backups are in place for all staff.
- Create, monitor and improve reporting of customer analytics and sales attribution.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information and makes the right trade-offs along the way, balancing time to market with a solution
- Offers ownership of data and understanding of metrics and what drives success; possess analytical skills with the ability to select relevant data and interpret business implications
The successful candidate must be a highly motivated and organized individual, with the capacity to perform in a dynamic environment. The Director of CRM must also possess the following skill set:
- Natural leader, seeking out better ways to ensure Company and team’s success.
- Successful track record of working with a large scale ESP; experience working with SilverPop preferred
- Solid understanding of CRM/email fundamentals
- Expertise in marketing automation systems
- Understands agile sprint methodology and regularly interfaces with engineering
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and turn it into actionable initiatives.
- Background in Direct Response Marketing a plus
- Superb cross-functional, project management and leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, competing interests with tact and diplomacy
- 10+ years of experience in B2C & B2B marketing/CRM environments
- A flexible personality that can thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing start-up company.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Understands basics of HTML and photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree a plus.