Position: Electrical Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of Product Development and Marketing
Direct Reports: None
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for design, development, and product engineering of illuminated electronic components.
Assist in winning new business by creative and innovative design and manufacturing knowledge. The
ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong technical background with significant
proven experience in fasttrack product development of electronic components.
● Design, develop and engineer Electromechanical components & assemblies to meet customer
and internal requirements. This includes CAD design, circuit board design, materials selection,
analyses, and testing.
● Interface with advanced manufacturing engineering, vendors and production personnel in order to
ensure design for manufacturability and assembly.
● Develop and manage project timelines and deliverable schedules.
● Write product specifications, test reports and related documentations.
● Manage projects and all activities related to the development of new and existing products.
● Provide technical support to sales and marketing for bids and proposals.
● Create DFMEAs, and develop, plan and execute test plans for new products, as required.
● Actively support ISO and other compliance programs as required, and champion the use of
procedures in Engineering.
● Provide technical direction, serve as a point of contact or business liaison, prepare briefings for
senior management and assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
● Assist in training and development of engineers and product support staff.
● Perform additional tasks and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 5+ years in electronic industry and
demonstrated track record of product innovation.
● Experience in electronic boards, circuits and embedded systems design.
● Experience in designing, testing, and installing electrical components or systems.
● Significant experience in working with wide range of materials including metals, plastics injection
molding, epoxies, conductive and nonconductive
● Solid analytical skills including strength of materials and tolerance analysis.
● 3D and 2D CAD experience a must.
● Creative and innovative approach to problemsolving, including partnering with others to ensure
● Selfstarter who goes the extra mile to provide exceptional support and follow through.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Have positive demeanor and team spirit.
● Effective listening skills with the ability to write product specifications based on customer needs
● LED lighting and/or electromechanical component experience.
● SolidWorks expertise.
● Experience in development phase process and working with remote teams.
● Experience in cross functional projects with interaction between research, development, design,
launch, operations, quality, product management.
● Proven track record of developing products that have been released to production and
successfully adopted in the marketplace.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Listens and Solves Problems: Uncovers needs, identifies and raises issues and problems in a
constructive manner. Uses sound analytical thinking to develop innovative solutions/recommendations
that address problems/issues to achieve desired results. Makes effective decisions, even when dealing
with limited or ambiguous information.
Drive for Results: Commits to making a difference and adding personal value by continuously raising
personal standards and striving for superior performance. Strives to go beyond what is expected.
Assumes personal accountability for delivering on or exceeding expectations. Understands that change is
required if our company is to remain successful and competitive. Challenges the status quo and
champions new and innovative ideas. Is flexible, adaptable and demonstrates a willingness to change.
Demonstrates a Collaborative Style: Encourages and readily accepts change, keeps an openmind
and has strong interpersonal skills so that the necessary alliances with internal and external customers
can be forged and developed quickly. Seeks to understand others’ point of view by effectively
paraphrasing, empathizing and summarizing. Collaborates and cooperates with team
members/colleagues to accomplish shared goals; supports team decisions.
Pursues Self Development: Takes initiative to learn inside/outside for further growth and development.
Keeps uptodate on knowledge and skills specific to job/field by proactively creating and following through
on development plans.