Regional Sales Director
Location: LA, or Dallas, TX
This job reports to the National Sales Director.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will lead a specialty sales team for their region with focus on promoting and selling pharmaceutical products to targeted physicians. The RSD will coach Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to achieve expected results as driven by the corporate sales strategy and specific product sales goals. Responsible for the overall execution and performance of the region. Serves as a key information source regarding all competitive product(s), managed care plan statuses, and market dynamics for their respective region. Leadership, motivation, and field training will also be key attributes for this role.
– Hire, develop, motivate and retain a highly competitive sales team.
– Directly lead and manage a field based team of RAMs deployed over a multi-state geographic area.
– Work with organizational directors to develop a Regional Operations Plan, programs and processes that will create and develop business and sales growth opportunities.
– Create and manage budgets for sales region. Oversee field expenses and create procedures to ensure that budget is managed appropriately for the business.
– Responsible for conducting field-based supervisory and coaching visits with RAMs on a regular basis.
– Partner with RAMs to share ownership of key account relationships.
– In conjunction with territory management, work with RAMs to establish reasonable and attainable territory goals, ensuring that these goals are accomplished with ethical, legal, and budgetary boundaries and that fit with determined promotional priorities aligned to corporate direction.
– Compliance with all sales and marketing policies, corporate policies, state and federal laws.
– Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university
– Prior experience successfully leading pharmaceutical sales team(s)
– Prior experience in selling or marketing physician administered specialty (buy and bill) pharmaceutical product(s)
– Prior experience/proven track record as a Regional Sales Director/District Manager
– Expertise in the areas of injectable sales and diagnostics
– Experience in Neurology and/or Pain Therapeutic areas
– Proven history of leading sales results individually and as a team leader
– Clinical background or experience.
– Ability to translate complex medical or scientific information into key sales and marketing messages
– Understanding of commercial and government reimbursement
– Understanding of carrier and fiscal intermediary payment methodologies
– Understanding of buy and bill landscape
– Understanding of retail and specialty pharmacy markets
– Understanding of Specialty Pharmacy markets
– Managed Markets experience
– Proven ability to display district/region leadership, performance management, and career planning
– Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, coach, and develop direct reports to success
This is a work from home position, requiring overnight travel, up to 80%. Must currently live in Region.
Our client offers a competitive benefits package, including Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision coverage, 401(k), Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, and paid time off.