Our client is seeking a Sales Manager to generate new business and account management within the industrial manufacturing market place. In addition, the position requires managing, coaching, and developing a team of two (2) sales reps in the territory. Sales experience should be with manufacturing clients. This could be an ideal position for someone ready to take the next step into sales management.
The ideal candidates will take a consultative, yet assertive approach with potential clients. They will have a successful track record of building relationships and closing new business, being able to customize product and inventory solutions for clients’ needs.
Sales representatives are responsible for the following:
- Generate new business-to-business sales of vendor-managed inventory programs and packages in the territory;
- Focus on large-potential customers within the manufacturing industry;
- Support the Company’s Key Account Managers in developing current business;
- Ascertain customer needs; identify and introduce new products and services;
- Coordinate with the Inside Sales department at the branch to support customer needs;
- Maintain customer relationships through effective problem-solving and communication.
All outside sales representatives are provided with the tools to be successful, including a full-time company vehicle, fuel card, cell phone, laptop, and expense account.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a major in Business, Marketing, or Industrial Distribution;
- 5+ years proactive industrial business-to-business selling
- Fastener industry knowledge and experience preferred
- Deliver professional sales presentations to potential customers and close a deal
- Committed, aggressive sales drive with desire to succeed
- Proven success in negotiating business contracts
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism in building customer relationships
- Work as part of a team with operations associates, inside sales, and other field sales reps
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and Outlook, is mandatory