Sr. Program Manager
Our client, a global consulting firm supporting contingent workforce management, is currently seeking a Sr. Program Manager to join their team. The position is based in Jersey City, NJ.
Working closely with the Global Account Director, Regional PMs and Client Sponsors to continuously develop program strategy and drive successful delivery through sound operational practices and leadership. The position is responsible for managing an on-site team of professionals and the day-to-day delivery of products/services to their client, with a primary focus on meeting contractual deliverables as outlined in the Scope of Work (SOW). This position is highly visible to both staff and client and must at all times display a professional and proactive demeanor in both attitude and execution of their duties.
Client Relationship Management
- Build strong relationships with key contracts throughout the client’s business, developing a close partnership with the Program Sponsor to ensure client successfully delivers its services.
- Responsibility for program relationship management throughout all areas of the Scope of Work; service levels agreements, key performance indicators, billing/recruitment matters, project/initiatives, reporting etc.
- Identify opportunities to raise level of awareness of services & appropriate contingent workforce management with clients- training sessions, road shows etc.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to client; QBR, co-employment training, system training, service expansion proposals etc.
- Maintain and manage service environments that are professional and with high standards of ethics and efficiency.
- Maintain the respect of the client’s culture, environment, facilities, policies and their employees.
- Network with key client department executives, directors and managers, and other key contacts, introducing Account Manager and other senior management.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of client’s industry, products, markets, competition, and financial positions by frequenting the client’s website and reading about client. Establish awareness of important business developments or changes that client is experiencing. Ensure that staff is immersed in understanding the clients business to this level.
- Manage on-site team of two direct reports; Recruitment Operations Manager and Global Billing Operations Manager and approx. 12 in-direct reports.
- Manage staff in compliance with all employment laws and human resource policies/procedures.
- Manage the staff by example showing leadership, professionalism, exemplary management principles, good judgment, good attendance and punctuality, etc.
- Develop and conduct performance appraisals, write job descriptions, engage in proactive performance management, contribute to retention of direct reports, disciplinary actions, and other employee performance duties as needed.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly one-on-one meetings with each staff member to discuss relevant issues and identify areas of continuous development.
- Implement training plans for staff as needed i.e. internal training, recruitment related training, systems, compliance etc.
- Manage resource planning to ensure client support & desk coverage at all times.
- Act as relationship manager for client’s temporary staffing and non-exempt direct hire vendors within scope of program.
- Manage vendor’s performance against contract, review preferred vendors via scorecard process and conduct audits, make recommendations to client for changes/enhancements.
- Identify and assess new potential vendors as needed, partner with Procurement & Legal teams to create new vendor contracts and amend existing contracts when necessary.
- Ensure vendors are briefed and trained on SLA’s – recruitment processes, use of systems, on boarding of candidates & on-line background process.
- Resolve any vendor issues related to billing, staffing, escalations etc.
- Engage with team to deliver vendor conference calls as needed, vendor forums/meetings /client, training sessions to facilitate recruitment process.
- Continually assess market information such as pay ranges, competitor’s rates, and activity via existing vendors.
- Identify strategic projects/initiatives that provide process and cost efficiency benefits to the program, which help meet the client and company objectives.
- Manage projects through thorough planning, allocation of tasks to team members and ensure deliverables are met within agreed timelines.
- Communication throughout lifecycle of project to client and management.
- Partner with Global Account Director to promote new business development opportunities, conduct strategy/process development meetings with key client contacts.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive mastery of all day-to-day on-site and off-site strategic and operational functions that are required to manage the program.
- Recommend best-in-class solutions, as well as review processes on ongoing basis to proactively identify efficiencies.
- Act as escalation point for Operations Managers with program related issues – advise team on resolution in accordance to client and policy, applicable law etc.
- Oversee delivery of regional contingent workforce orientation process, ensure that standards are maintained and efficiencies identified.
- Ensure on-site staff are cross-trained with the objective of obtaining minimal service disruption to client in case of staff shortages.
- Ensure team is accountable for integrity of all recruitment & billing data in systems.
- Support Recruitment Team with strategic staffing for any hard to fill roles, providing advice and solutions.
- Ensure that client account has an updated, well maintained: Desk Procedures Manual (SOP), system databases, paperwork, processes and other daily client services operating procedures.
- On a quarterly basis, assume lead in co-coordinating, developing and presenting Business Reviews for the client.
- Possess a working knowledge of current employment labor laws (federal and state): ACA, Age, Wage and Hour-FLSA, OSHA – Workers’ Compensation, EEO, FMLA, etc.
- Provide SME on recruitment and billing system, work with internal teams on requirements for enhancements and development requests to improve system efficiency to client.
- Act as liaison to other accounts – advice on processes already set up and best practices.
- Oversee global consolidated billing function for program, supporting Global Billing Operations Manager and helping deal with issue resolution and escalations.
- Gain full understanding of consolidated invoicing processes, help educate team and client on this function where required.
- Support the identification and onboarding of new vendor populations into billing programs.
- Ensure that client reporting requests are met, working closely with the program’s Business Analysts and Strategy, Analysis and Management team on requirements gathering and delivery.
- Review reporting deliverables on a regular basis with client to help create efficiencies and improvements to data/metrics delivery.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 6-10 year’s work experience with HR and Service Delivery field
- Global program management is desired.
- 3 year’s staff management experience, recruitment agency/vendor experience
- 3 year’s internal recruitment experience desirable
- Previous management experience in strategic planning, business development/client management, human resources, and customer service
- Experience producing business reviews/proposals in presentation format (PowerPoint), and delivering to clients and senior management
- Knowledge of developing and presenting performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, establishing and managing performance goals and objectives
- Experience of working with Human Resources Information Systems
- Knowledge of reverse consolidated billing processes and the ability to educate the client on such process is desirable
- Planning and delivery of global and regional projects
- Ability to work with confidential issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbal, interpersonal, and in presentations. Able to interact and communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Must have excellent problem solving, process improvement, critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with client interface, aware of organizational culture differences
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook