Our client, a leader in the tile & flooring industry, is seeking a VP, Sales & marketing, for their company operations based in San Antonio, Texas.
Directs and oversees sales & marketing objectives and initiatives. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the communication and the “product to market” efforts. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of the Sales & Marketing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement comprehensive sales & marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities and its brand(s).
- Provide guidance and feedback to Sales & Marketing professionals.
- Produce ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently.
- Oversees the Planning and execution of campaigns for corporate promotion, launching of new product lines etc.
- Maintains close relationships and collaboration with the Commercial and Product Development teams in Mexico.
- Monitor progress of sales by region, product lines and key customers and submit performance reports
- Lead the production of valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications.
- Analyzes general market research data to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s sales and marketing movements.
- Lead the preparation and deployment of trade show exhibits/activities and meeting events.
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, PR as well as stakeholders and potential clients.
- Responsible to identify all Sales & Marketing tools and resources for all channels of distribution – Dealer, Commercial, Contractor, and Individual
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of merchandising resources for all products, including catalog and displays.
- Responsible for compliance and consistency with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for development of sales & marketing budgets, quantifying the cost effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Proven track record in sales & marketing.
- Excellent leadership and organization skills.
- Analytical, innovative and creative thinking.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up to speed with current and online sales / digital marketing techniques, and best practices.
- Experience in the tile, floor coverings, building materials, home furnishings, home fashion-related industries, or other construction preferred.
- BS/BA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field required.
- Flexibility to travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred