More and more people are choosing freelance work – for flexibility, higher income, and the ability to engage with multiple projects. According to a recent study, freelancing is becoming increasingly popular. After all, you get to be your own boss too! It’s imperative to also stay engaged, productive, and connected as a consultant.
Freelancing can be a great way to get started in your career, or to make a career pivot. It allows you to be your own boss, set your own hours, and choose the projects you want to work on. And, since you’re not tied to a specific employer, you can take on as much or as little work as you want.
There are a few things you should keep in mind if you’re thinking of making the switch to freelancing. First, you’ll need to be highly organized and self-motivated, as there’s no one else telling you what to do or when to do it. Time management is key, as you’ll likely have several projects on the go at once. And, lastly, you’ll need to be comfortable with marketing, branding, and hustling yourself and your services, establishing a sphere of influence to refer you business.
What is freelancing and why is it becoming more popular
Interim and project based work is especially appealing to people who are seeking more flexibility in their lives. Freelancing affords you the opportunity to work on projects that interest you, where you aren’t limited to the projects and tasks assigned to you by a boss; instead, you can choose the projects you want to work on. This can be both rewarding and challenging at the same time. Finally, freelancing can be a great way to get started in your career, or start something new. It allows you to gain experience and learn new skills, which can help you in your future career endeavors.
Tips for staying productive while freelancing
It’s important to stay productive and focused while working. How do you do so, juggling several assignments, deadlines, and meetings?
1. Set specific goals and deadlines for yourself, always engaging and getting feedback from your team. When you have a timeframe and deliverables to work towards, you’ll be more productive and motivated.
2. Create a schedule and stick to it, while ensuring you are informed of shifting priorities and deadlines. Having a set schedule will help you stay organized and on track.
3. Take breaks and unplug when needed. Working all day can be counterproductive, so take a break every now and then to refresh your mind.
4. Stay organized. Keep track of the projects you’re working on, the deadlines you have, and the tasks you need to complete. This will help you stay on top of everything and avoid stress.
5. Be patient. It may take some time to get used to freelancing, so don’t get discouraged if it’s not going perfectly right away. With practice, you’ll get the hang of it.
The gig economy and project based work is becoming increasingly popular for a number of reasons. Stay focused and remain consistent in your approach, choosing the work that aligns with your objectives. Freelancing allows you to gain broad experience, enhance your skills, and, as important, keep your networking skills sharp!